Oracle Application Express 5.2
- Remote SQL Data Access ‐ Extend common components such as Interactive Grids, Classic Reports and Charts to interface with data stored in remote databases using ORDS and REST.
- REST Service Consumption ‐ Provide declarative methods to define references to external REST APIs and generic JSON data feeds and to use these references as data sources for Interactive Grids, Reports and Forms.
- Declarative App Features ‐ Introduce a new Create App Wizard that allows for adding components and app features to new and existing applications.
- Interactive Grid enhancements ‐ Add additional reporting capabilities such as Group-By and Pivot, support for subscriptions and computations, flexible row height and general UI improvements.
- Page Designer ‐ Provide client-side wizards for the creation of more complex components like Dynamic Actions, Forms and Shared Components, User interface improvements.
- New REST Workshop ‐ Provide declarative methods to support the development of ORDS enabled REST web services, taking advantage of the latest features and functionality of ORDS.
- Packaged Applications ‐ Improved framework and enhancements to the packaged applications.